Thursday, May 8, 2014

First Shots

Dear Charlotte,

Today was your two-month check-up. It went well. You're at 10lbs, 2oz, and about 21inches long. You checked out well - nice and healthy. Unfortunately, it was also time for vaccinations. They did an oral one first, then three shots. You started screaming. I had my hands on you before the nurse was even finished, and whisked you up into my arms as soon as I possibly could. You continued to scream for a minute, then whimpered and fell asleep. I didn't even care about all the boogers on my shirt. I cried a little too, because I was so upset about you being in pain. That was quite the mommy moment for me.

That's all for now. I love you. For the record, you're getting your cute patootie snuggled like it's never been snuggled before.

Sincerely,
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment