Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What You're Currently Like

Dear Charlotte,

You're growing so quickly! I mean, I knew you would, but that doesn't make it any easier to watch. I thought, since you are only two months old, now would be a good time to record several of your traits at this age.

- You're not a fan of being tickled. For some reason, people like to tickle baby feet but once you realize what's going on you start to cry. No worries, little one, I don't like being tickled either. It is cute, though - when your feet are getting tickled you curl up your toes and pull your legs up away from the tickling.

- You're already smiling and even laughing a little - and no, it's not gas. Not always, anyway. Your "laugh" is more like little gasps, but they're obviously from happiness. Your smiles are the best. What makes me happiest is when you look at me and get a huuuuge goofy grin on your face. I don't even have to say or do anything and you light up. My heart could not be warmer in those moments.

- Your hair is fairly thin and wispy, but you have a considerable amount for your age. It started off very straight, but - like your mommy - it curls when wet. If we let your hair air-dry, it ends up in adorable, flyaway curls. They're not long or thick enough to be Shirley Temple churls or anything, but they're totally cute.

- Your eyelashes are sooo long and curl up nicely. In fact, yesterday I spent time just watching you blink your eyes. They are like little wings on the ends of your eyelids. Eyelids which, by the way, house huge, dark blue orbs - er, irises.

- You make horse sounds. Seriously. You grunt, snort, and make a sound like a "nicker." However, you also like the water. Like, a lot... so you're more like a SEAhorse!

- There's nothing you like more than sleeping with your arms stretched straight out over your head. However, you tend to wiggle your arms and wake yourself up so if we want you to sleep we have to swaddle them to your sides. With a good swaddle and a pacifier, you sleep quite well.

- You enjoy Mommy's kisses (which is a good thing, because Mommy likes to give them.) This kinda goes with the smiling, because I'll do a bunch of raspberry kisses right by your mouth and you smile and giggle. Sometimes I love to just kiss all over your lovable little face. Thankfully, you seem to enjoy it just as much as I do.

- At your last check-up, you were 10 pounds, 2 ounces, and 21 inches long. That makes you officially 5 pounds heavier than your sister was at birth, and about three inches longer.

That's really all I can think of for now! Mommy's tired, my dear one. If I think of more things I'd like to record, I'll try to get back here and type it out so we'll have it to remember when you get older!

I love you, Monkey Butt.

Yours,
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment